Hey there. Welcome back, good to see you. You’ve probably been browsing through our inventory of amazing glassware and were wondering which are our favorites. We’re glad you asked. We are quite fond of a number of our glasses, but today we’ll share with you our favorite funny and quirky glasses. These are the glasses that the folks here at Lucky Shot buy to give as gifts when we need to brighten someone’s day or make them laugh. These are also the items we gift when we want to celebrate our friends and family members who tend to swim upstream. Glassware should never be plain or boring, so let’s get to highlighting our top seven most funny and quirky selections.
1) At Lucky Shot we’ve got a lot of American spirit, and so naturally we’re Revolutionary War enthusiasts. And as you can imagine, one of our top guys of all time is General and President George Washington. We totally heart G Dubs. One of our favorite stories from the Revolutionary War took place during the battle of Princeton. General Washington arrived on the battlefield at a critical moment and provided reinforcements. Some of his troops had panicked and were retreating. Washington, who was renowned as one of the best riders in the Colonies, rode into the panicked soldiers and rallied them to move forward with him saying, “Parade with us, my brave fellows! There is but a handful of them, and we will have them directly.” The Continental soldiers, inspired by Washington’s courage and reassured by his presence, reformed their lines and followed Washington forward as he ordered an advance on the British. When only 30 yards separated the two armies, Washington gave his troops the order to fire, while the British regulars simultaneously did the same. Miraculously, Washington was not hit in the crossfire and emerged unscathed. As the Continentals advanced further, the British soldiers were forced to retreat. Washington led the charge after them exclaiming, “It is a fine fox hunt, my boys!”
We like to think that Washington was drinking a beer while he advanced his troops to within 30 yards of the enemy, and that he asked someone to hold it for him before issuing the order to fire. He wouldn’t have wanted to spill a drop. It probably happened just like that, because if you check out our “Hold my Beer” – George Washington (probably) glass, you’ll see that there is a bullet embedded in the side…
2) Since we are huge fans of George Washington, we had to throw in one more fun and quirky glass that features him. We have to admit that we think G. Dubs is the coolest. He was too cool for British rule and somehow he knew that the self-sufficient and independent citizens that populated the 13 colonies deserved their own government. He also seemed to know that as American citizens evolved we would be waaaay too cool for British rule.
3) Did you know that the coffee chain Starbucks got its name from Henry Melville’s classic book Moby Dick? One of the cofounders of Starbucks turned to the book for inspiration when trying to come up with a company name, as they wanted a link to the seafaring tradition of the early coffee traders. The name “Pequod” (the ship in Moby Dick), was suggested and quickly dismissed, as who wants to go on a Pequod (pee-kwad) run? Eventually they arrived at the name Starbucks; Starbuck was the first mate on the Pequod. It’s a fun story, but the truth of the matter is that we drink beer like coffee drinkers guzzle Starbucks, so we’ll take our drink of choice from our Guns and Beer glass, thank you very much.
4) There are a lot of ways to communicate how we feel about our guns, but we’d rather just sip from a glass that does it for us. You probably feel the same way, and you’ve likely got a friend or two (or three) who are on our team as well. This glass has a message for anyone who wants to attempt to limit the Second Amendment. We love this image of a hand made from bullets flipping the bird, and we’re sure you and your friends will, too.
5) Did we mention that we love our guns? One thing we love about them is that they protect us and keep us safe while we’re at home. If you think about it, guns are a form of home insurance. We like our Home Insured by Smith & Wesson glass, because anyone who sees it knows all they have to do is f*ck around and find out.
6) This one’s for the ladies. On Wednesdays we wear pink. But every day we pack heat. We think “Girls just wanna have guns” should be as ubiquitous as “Girls just wanna have fun”. Both statements are completely true, and really, what’s more fun than having guns?
7) Since the last one was for the ladies, then this one must be for the fellas… It’s hilarious and self-explanatory.
And that wraps up our top seven favorite funny and quirky glasses. We hope you enjoy them just as much as we do. Feel free to order one (or more) if you are so inclined. And thanks for visiting us here at Lucky Shot, we appreciate you stopping by.