A glass of wine a day keeps the doctor away! That’s right folks, there are major benefits to drinking a glass of wine a day and here at Lucky Shot we are helping our employees stay healthy with implementing Winning With Wine Wednesdays! Because who doesn’t like the idea of drinking at work?!
Studies have shown that there are major health benefits from drinking one glass of red wine a day. And today ANOTHER benefit of our favorite form of grape juice was revealed! Studies show that wine prevents bacteria from sticking to gums preventing cavities and gum disease (so, less dentist visits!). If you need more reasons to drink while you work (and why would you?) than take a look at the other benefits to drinking wine!
- Promotes Longevity - 34% of wine drinkers have a lower mortality rate (Journals of Gerontology, 2007) So, basically this means you live longer, grab your corkscrews people!
- Reduces Heart-Attack Risk - 30% of moderate wine drinkers suffering from high blood pressure are less likely to have a heart attack than non-drinkers (16-year Harvard School of Public Health published in Annals of Internal Medicine, 2007)
- Lowers Risk of Heart Disease - Red wine tannins contain procyanidins which are proven to protect against heart disease. (Queen Mary University in London, published in Nature, 2006)
- Reduces the Risk of Type 2 Diabetes - 30% of moderate wine drinkers have less of a risk than nondrinkers of developing type 2 diabetes. (Diabetes Care, 2005)
- Lowers Risk of Stroke - possibility of suffering a blood clot–related stroke drops by about 50 percent in people who consume moderate amounts of alcohol (Stroke, 2006)
- Cuts Risk of Colon Cancer - Moderate consumption of wine (especially red) cuts the risk of colon cancer by 45 percent. (American Journal of Gastroenterology, 2005)
Who can argue those facts?
The first twenty people to get their boss to pledge to Winning With Wine Wednesday will get a free Lucky Shot USA .308 Real Bullet Wine Glass.
Here’s how to enter:
- Fill out the information in the form below
- Join our Facebook group for more fun content and contests like these
- Share our Facebook post about this blog
- Must be 21 years or older to participate
Official Rules: http://bit.ly/2ohH42M